School Commitment to Student Learning:
- Student learning is the focus of Fremont High School. This includes Utah State Standards, core academics, co-curricular activities, and various other skills, including personal accountability, respect, character, exploration, and leadership. We have a guaranteed and viable curriculum that is taught in each of our classes and is based on state standards.
- Students who are demonstrating competency in these areas are identified by assessment, frequent monitoring, feedback and good choices, and they have the opportunity to explore other advanced prospects for learning. We expect that ALL students will graduate and work toward college and career readiness.
- Students who require extra assistance in meeting identified standards will be provided extra time during the week for immediate, specific intervention. We spend an extraordinary amount of time and resources to examine data to inform instruction and believe that students learn at different paces and in different ways.
- Fremont teachers are committed to being prepared with lessons, activities, projects and assignments that are relevant to the curriculum and will enhance student learning at all levels.
- Fremont teachers are committed to frequent monitoring of student progress and communicating progress with students and parents, updating grades regularly.
- Fremont teachers are committed to helping students improve in the subjects they teach.
- Fremont teachers are committed to holding students responsible for their learning as well as providing encouragement for sustained performance using engagement and best practice.
- Fremont teachers are committed to giving their best efforts each day, conducting themselves in a way that contributes to a safe, orderly, and respectful educational environment.
- Fremont teachers are committed to supporting school groups and activities.
- Fremont teachers are committed to supporting the school's mission and vision to set goals for student achievement at Fremont and to encourage post-high school education.
- Fremont teachers are committed to maintaining rigorous educational standards within their classrooms to help students be career and college ready and community contributors.